COVID-19 outbreak is an unprecedented pandemic in modern era that has affected each and every corner of the world. As of now, more than a million people across the globe are suffering from this and the number just keeps on increasing at an alarming rate. This has led to the complete lockdown of businesses, creating new challenges to the survival of small businesses.
Considering the current situation, with no quick cure or vaccine in sight, it will be a long time before we return back to the normal way of life as before this pandemic. The lockdowns and restrictions will remain in place. During this period, the small retail businesses, especially from non-essential goods category will be worst affected. Even when the lockdowns are gradually eased, mandatory social distancing norms will affect all retail sellers.
Will moving online be helpful for small and medium businesses?
The fact is, in this period of global lockdowns, eCommerce is the only thing that is running. Even the essential commodities are being ordered online. So, yes, with extended lockdowns, mandatory social distancing norms moving your offline retail business online can prove beneficial for small businesses.
Where moving your small retail business online will help you survive these tough times, it will also, pave a way ahead for the future. The coronavirus will provide a long-term boost for online sellers and retailers. When this will be over, a dramatic change in consumers’ purchase behaviors will be observed and customers will refrain from visiting brick and mortar shops. At those times, the businesses who have successfully created an online identity will prevail.
Benefits of moving small medium offline business online:
- Feasibility to operate from anywhere.
- Lower Cost of Operating as compared to brick & mortar store.
- No time Boundation.
- Scalable and Easy to reach a wider audience.
- Easy to track the performance
How can you bring your Business Online?
You can bring your business online in three easy steps:
- Build a website to create Online Presence: First step in moving your business online is creating and online presence for your business identity. You can do this by creating a website with your business name or brand name. A website will help customers, prospects and potential partners find your business online. Your website will provide information about your products and services and generate sales.
- Promote your Website Online: promote the website on search engines, so that customers looking for the products and services you are offering can find you easily. Search engines, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo! act like customized online directories, pointing the user to websites matching the terms the users used in their search. Optimize your website for search engines.
- Engage with your customers: Third, engage your customers, current or potential, on social media to build your community. Provide relevant content and information on your website about your products and services use it to engage your customer on social media. Customers and prospects WILL talk about you online. Being part of the conversation gives you the opportunity to change perceptions, create loyalty, generate leads and win sales.
We at Web Apps Interactive are committed to help you move your businesses online. We will assist you in everything from planning, taking your business online, helping you increase your reach and start selling. Call us at 8591633904 or write to us at email@example.com for an absolutely free consultation on how you can bring your business online.